Three days after we announced, I spent 4 hours sitting in front of the computer writing 8 blog posts on the business aspect of Sampa. The title is misleading because I could never include everything there is to know, but I wrote things I think people would most interested in.
Here is the list of the blog posts:
- Sampa: From Birth to Death (long version)
- Sampa: My first failed startup (short version)
- Part 1: You Don't Learn This At Microsoft
- Part 2: Early Mistakes at Sampa
- Part 3: The Market Noise & Facebook
- Part 4: Things We Did Right
- Part 5: Advice to Family & Baby Sites
- Part 6: Things I Won't Miss At Sampa
- Part 7: The Little Secret of Web Startups (guest post on TechCrunch)
- Part 8: Would I Do Sampa Again?
And just to be extra clear, there are two important points: First, everything you are reading is from a guy that failed to build a business. Second, even if I had done everything that I thought was wrong right I still could not guarantee either a successful business (profit) or a successful exit for Sampa.
I'll probably do a few more posts about Sampa on this blog, then move on. There is just so much dissecting you can do.